CMX AUDIO Supply Class-D Amplifier for Hong Kong Kowloon Bay Metro Station
Kowloon Bay is a station on the Hong Kong MTR Kwun Tong Line. The headquarters of the MTR Corporation Limited and the depot for the Kwun Tong Line are both located at this station. It is between Choi Hung station and Ngau Tau Kok station. The station was opened in 1979.
Kowloon Bay is one of the five MTR stations on the Kwun Tong Line located above ground. Platform screen doors were installed in August 2011. The first residential property to be developed by the MTR Corporation, Telford Gardens, is located above the depot in Kowloon Bay station.
CMX AUDIO supply the digital class-D power amplifier for the first phase of the Kowloon Bay Metro Station upgrade sound system. The sound system will be used for background music, paging system and emergency voice evacuation system.
The Class-D amplifiers from CMX Audio are of great advantages to win the tender:
- Switching power technology digital power amplifier
- Efficiency up to 85%
- Class-D PA power amplifier of minimum power consumption
- Less rack space and less heat generation
- 1RU height for minimum rack space
- Rated power output at 2x240W
- Two channel separate speaker outputs 8Ω/100V
- Balanced XLR input by phoenix connector for two channels
- Each input with separate gain control.
- Each two channel with high-cut filter.
- Built-in auto standby feature to save power consumption
- Separate two channel indicators for protection, clip, input and output
- Complete short circuit, overload, high temp, clip and DC protection
- Wide AC input switchable between 115V and 230V
- 24V DC input as option at order request.
First Phase Project Bill of Material:
DA-4240, 4 Channel 240W Class-D Amplifier×12 Units
D2120, 2 Channel 120W Class-D Amplifier×12 Units